Forum » General » News and Announcements » Final Fantasy 14’s 10-Year Journey to Xbox

Final Fantasy 14’s 10-Year Journey to Xbox

• 2 277
    Final Fantasy 14’s 10-Year Journey to Xbox

After a decade of ready, Xbox lovers can eventually be part of one in all gaming's biggest on-line groups.

In 2013 I had the opportunity to fly to Japan and speak to Final Fantasy 14 Game Director Yoshi-P. There become one question I wanted to realize – while could Final Fantasy 14 come to the Xbox? It’s a question that I, and each Final Fantasy 14 fan, wouldn’t recognise the solution to for another decade.

Final Fantasy 14 coming to Xbox marks the give up that a long-lingering question. In 2013 Yoshi-P replied saying a Microsoft pass-play coverage – that meant Xbox users might require their own server and consequently couldn’t play with the broader network – ended the hopes of Xbox gamers enjoying the game. "Community is very important for an MMO, and as Xbox Live is FFXIV Gil  a closed network it manner those gambling on Xbox 360 or Xbox One cannot play with others on unique structures,” “I do not assume this is ideal for an MMO, and that is the most important cause we have not brought the game to Xbox structures."

Years later, Xbox fans like myself will quickly be able to experience the game on their preferred console for ths first time. Xbox Wire clarifies it’ll carry Final Fantasy 14 to the console with an extended unfastened trial permitting you to play the primary three expansions (A Realm Reborn, Heavensward, and Stormblood) as much as degree 70 with no restrictions on playtime. That’s at the least one hundred+ hours of content material to sink your tooth into as a brand new player. It’ll be super to see it come to 1 extra platform.

Back in 2013, the fact a recreation of this scale labored across PS3, PS4, and PC became a center purpose it had one of the exceptional communities inside the history of gaming. I used to play it with Greg, myself on PC while he turned into on PS3, and while we had been on distinctive systems, we observed an incredibly welcoming playerbase that helped us alongside the way, and many of FFXIV Items  them hoped Xbox gamers may want to someday get in at the fun.

The loss of Xbox guide turned into a subject that continued to collect momentum and in 2015, when we requested Phil Spencer for an replace, he chalked the shortage of Final Fantasy goodness up to “commercial enterprise” and platform exclusivity: "As I've grown in this position, and I've tried to analyze the 1/3-celebration exclusivity component - and also you see us doing less of it now - [I've found] it is no longer something I'm a large fan of.
      September 23, 2023 12:59 AM PDT